Saturday, April 14, 2007

Just getting started...

First of all, the name comes from "flotsam and jetsam". At first I thought it was just a clever little play, but I looked them up on Wikipedia, and I found out something that makes it a little more beautiful. "Flotsam" is anythng valuable that is just floating out in the middle of the ocean, usually after a shipwreck, whereas "Jetsam" is thrown out into the ocean by sailors trying to lighten their loads.

Hence, thoughtsam and feltsam are the thoughts and feelings that I've thrown into the ocean of the blogosphere to lighten my load after some shipwreck or another - be it an event in my life or in the world. They are left to drift around until they catch the eye of some casual explorer.

And I can call FIRST, woohoo! I googled "thoughtsam" and "feltsam" with NO hits. That's right, NO hits. This is as of April 14th, 2007. My grandiose accomplishment of the day. I'm sure you're like, "Yeah, ok dude."

No comments: